25.7.14

The benefits of Chia seeds

I'm on a new kick with Chia seeds. I am in love with them as they barely have a taste to them. I did some research and found that Chia seeds deliver a massive amount of vitamins and nutrients with very few calories. 1 ounce serving of chia seeds contains 4 grams of fiber, 11 grams of protein, 4 grams of fat,  and 9 grams of Omega-3. Chia seeds also contain a decent amount of Zinc, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Potassium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), and Vitamin B2. Loaded with antioxidants, the carbs in them are high in fiber which can assist with weight loss. Food for thought: A high protein intake reduces appetite and has been shown to reduce obsessive thoughts about food and the desire for night time snacking
How I use Chia seeds: I tend to simply put them in my beverages. I mix 2-3 Tbsp Chia seeds with 1 cup of organic fruit juice. You can also use almond milk, soy milk, and other liquids