14.4.13

Hawaii through my eyes: Day 7

 There are so many delicious Hawaiian foods in which I had the opportunity to try. If you go to a luau this is a great opportunity to try a variety of good savory foods. There's a wide range of foods that are traditional to Hawaii ranging from all ethic groups. Shave ice is another interesting island favorite that I noticed. Tourist travel to Hawaii just to try it - long lines of people waits out front of the shave ice shops. The ice used to make shave ice is shaved from big blocks of ice. Then, sugar syrup of different colors and favors is poured on top and served in a cone cup. Some of my favorite foods were the ramen soup bowls, fried rice with vegetables, sushi, the self served ice cream, and the seafood platter. My trip to Hawaii truly inspired me in everyway. I loved every single moment and have a lot of great first time experiences. If you are planning a family/trip vacation - plan it in !Hawaii